Level 8

If you are doing a 'Back Door Roth'....i.e. making a non-deductible regular IRA contribution  and then rolling it into a Roth...then>>>

Step 1... report the IRA contribution on the IRA Contributions WKS on line 1... just like normal
Step 2... on the 1099-R where they took it out (enter everything in the top part Line 1, line 2a, dist code), just as printed on the form...making it look taxable).
Step 3 Scroll down that worksheet to Part 7 verify distribution codes...and put a check in Box 5 (you should have an amount on line B4)

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.