IRonMaN
Level 15
I have never touched UltraTax but we do use Thompson's depreciation software.  A couple of years back I had an issue with their software so I did a search and ended getting my e-mail address tagged to send me messages when they had new posts to their forum.  I usually don't pay much attention to them, but I saw this gem that I'm sure would set this place on fire if folks thought Intuit was doing this:

Time spent in software now part of the electronic file?? -
I was looking at User Bulletin 18.1.0 for proforma and organizer last night, and one of the "enhancements" to the software mentioned on page 7 was as new was that "preparation time spent out of the software for this return" field on Screen ELF -- says that "in accordance with IRS security requirements, the minutes spent in the software, plus minutes entered for time spent out of the software, are both included in the electronic file".

Is this something NEW?? I had not heard of any requirement that this information be part of the electronic file. Why would IRS NEED this information, and/or why would we want them to have access to this information?

Does this mean that each person within the office that did any work on this return has their time recorded as well??

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers