JVRCO
Level 2

Just to get on the public record on this ongoing and still unresolved issue:

1. Per the direction of @IntuitAustin I reached out to [email address removed] on 20-FEB-2020 requesting further assistance with this issue
  2. They replied requesting screen shots of the event log showing the failure and a copy of the update logs.
  3. These were supplied the requested information to them on 20-FEB-2020
  4. We requested a status update on 24-FEB-2020
  5. They replied on same date stating "I do not see any failures in the update logs as of 2/19. " Implying that there is not problem.
  6. Later on that same day we responded with the following "The Windows Event log clearly shows that your application ProSeriesUpdate.exe fails due to an unhandled exception.
    Had the exception been caught I would expect to see something in the log, since it was not, it is natural consequence that there are no entries in the log to indicate a failure.
    So, what is the next step here, what is the next level of escalation?
    Can your development organization send us an instrumented version of your application that would allow us (and you) to see what the root cause of the failure is?
    This not being addressed in a timely fashion has a severe financial implication on our business.
    I strongly recommend that this be communicated to your management immediately.
    If there is someone else that we can contact to escalate this matter please let us know who that is."
  7. The next day [email address removed] responded requesting additional log data, stressing the point that they are not seeing other reports of this and recommending that we fix .net, again.
  8. We responded with the requested information along with the following note: "Below is the information you requested.  In addition, the owners of James V. Rizzo & Company, LLP, Proseries account #7701504238. would like to have a conference call with your leadership early this week, they are copied here.  This issue has gone unresolved for too long, this has impacted their firm financially, they have to pay my firm to collect information that could have easily been collected by Proseries tech support. Reviewing the correspondence on this matter, anyone skilled in the art can see that there is a clear lack of urgency demonstrated on behalf of Proseries in relationship to a Proseries client not being able to use a Proseries product"
  9. On 4-MAR-2020, [email address removed] responded with an additional request for log data
  10. On 5-MAR-202 we responded with the requested data and the following note: "The information requested is attached. Can you please let us know when we can expect to be contacted regarding our original request for a meeting?"

As of the date and time of this posting, we have heard nothing further, our numerous requests to be contacted on the matter have been ignored, there has been absolutely no effort made to contact us, other that to request additional information, information that any qualified technical support person could have  accessed themselves remotely.  We have made it clear that this is this problem is causing financial harm in clearly demonstrable fashion.

As I have stated in previous posts on this and the earlier install issue, my firm provides tech support to @JVRCO and as such has had to pay us to champion this issue, collect the data necessary, etc.

All this to support what is nothing more than a desktop application, this poor excuse for customer support should be an embarrassment.

I have made @JVRCO aware of the terms and conditions of the Intuit license agreement with respect disputes and the prescribed methods for resolution and hope that someone at Intuit corporate leadership level demonstrates some fundamental customer service values  and sense of urgency  to retain a 15 year customer.

We look forward to a meaningful and rapid response.

0 Cheers