Derf
Level 1

I have a client with two states requiring a return. After entering all information for the federal return the two states did not appear in the left hand margin as they usually do. How do I load the information worksheets for them?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you have the state modules installed?

I'm not familiar with Basic, but in Professional you have to install the individual states that you need.

Update > Select and Download New Products and choose the states.

Does Basic have a similar menu?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Derf
Level 1

Yes it does and I have activated the states I will need, but the two states I need on this return does not appear in the left navigation list. How do I get the system to add them?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Again, I dont use Basic, so Im not sure how the navigation works.

ProSeries Professional has a state allocation worksheet at the bottom of the federal information worksheet, does Basic have something like that?    Maybe if you set up the states using that worksheet, the states will appear where you expect to see them.

Professional has a button on the toolbar to switch over to a state return, maybe Basic has something similar?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

IDK Basic, either, but in PS Pro the states do not appear in the left hand column. You have to click on the State button and go down the list of state returns installed.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
ehill
Level 4

In Basic on the left column is the button that just says State.  Click on that and the states show at the top of the screen, each state has its own tab.