tammie
Level 3

Could anyone direct me to the location where I would enter an Original Issue Discount (Non-US Treasury Obligations--I really need specifics because I have no idea what I am looking at or for.  Thank you for any help.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Since you say you are ProSeries Professional user... go to Schedule B... the top part "Interest Income Smart Worksheet"   Box 1.. has "OID INT*"  look at the bottom of that smart worksheet beside the "*", see  if that helps you.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

included in Box 1 on Interest Income Smart Worksheet, as part of regular interest income.  

tammie
Level 3

Oh my gosh you all!!! is it that simple--I have never noticed that it says OID in that interest worksheet--thank you for the eye opening revelation everyone!

0 Cheers
sototaxspot
Level 1

I am using the IRS Transcripts for tax year 2019 and there is a 1099 OID form for original discount of $512.  Based on my research, I understand that this goes in the schedule B in proseries as interest.  My question is:  "what interest type do I select"?  Does anyone have any feedback that could help me. 

I would very much appreciate it.

Thank You

Jesus Soto

0 Cheers