faugust
Level 1

what forms in adition to schedule E are needed to report rental property sale and does prior depreciation and carried over suspended losses automatically flow to work sheets?   Do I physically enter new basis due to depreciation recapture or is this calculated by program ?     Lost of worksheets attached but does sale flow through to worksheets?  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you dispose of  the rental using Disposal section on the asset entry worksheet, your prior depreciation should get recaptured

If you mark Box H near the top of the Sch E worksheet, that should make any suspended losses flow.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

I dread returns with sales of rentals, especially the first one I do every year when I have to remember all the steps that are supposed to make it "easy."  On the Schedule E worksheet you check a box. Then on the Asset Entry worksheet you enter details of the sale.  The problem is that you usually have five or six asset entry worksheets, including the 2013 roof and the 2016 A/C.  Obviously, these components were not separately stated in the sales contract.  Maybe there is a way to combine all of them, without adding them all up and changing the original worksheet manually.  But I haven't found it yet.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I allocate enough of the sales price to those bits and pieces to zero them out, then use the remaining sales price for the building.  Not sure if this is "correct" but it seems to get the job done.

ProSeries doesn't seem to have away to bundle them all into a single "sale"...I think Lacerte does though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers