Randi M
Level 1

I cannot efile any 2018 tax returns.  It states to update the program.  I do this and retr

ialpertcpa
Level 2

I am having the same problem!  Program is up to date, but I am seeing the attached error.Error 022620.JPG

0 Cheers
robpeterson98
Level 3

I had this too. "Proseries Refresh Updates" not just Proseries Updates.

View solution in original post

ialpertcpa
Level 2

Thanks Rob.  It worked.

Go to Update > Refresh Updates > Refresh Updates for Installed Products

onestop73
Level 3

I had the same issue and your response helped me a lot. Thank you.

0 Cheers
tinapr
Level 2

Thanks!  I have never even noticed the Proseries Refresh Updates button.

Thanks again!

0 Cheers
lisacslater
Level 2

I have never noticed this button either. 

I have been getting this message for over a month and a half.

I even called ProSeries Support and they stated that the IRS was still not accepting 2018 returns in the 2020 filing season and I just needed to wait. That I would be notified via my software in an Alert when they began accepting returns again.

I kept trying over and over and searching for anything official saying that returns for 2018 were not being accepting and could not locate anything.

Finally, today, I ran across this post and low and behold, once I "refreshed installed products" I updated for about 5 minutes, which is an incredible amount of time, as you all probably know.

After the updates installed, I attempted to eFile my client again... viola - SUCCESS! I probably could have filed him WEEKS AGO!

Thank you to the Support Group!!!!

Seree
Level 1

I've done this Refresh Updates and installed the updates several times for my 2018 Basic ProSeries but I'm still getting a message that I can't efile. I guess I'll call Support again tomorrow. 😕

0 Cheers
Silver Eagle
Level 1

I am  still havin this need updates message after updating and refreshing many times.

0 Cheers