erwin
Level 1

Updated the letters in PS 2018 to look like 2017.     Checking the box for Justify under page setup changes the text to centered.    At this point, the best option is to left justify and leave the right side uneven.

In 2017, the letters are justified on both sides even though the Justify box is not checked.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

They probably "improved" something from last year.  I learned how to type on a typewriter so I grew up on being left justified so I'm thinking things could be worser.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
erwin
Level 1
If the Justify box is checked under Page Setup, then selecting the paragraphs and specifying that they are left justified, the report looks like we want it to.    Big hassle for client letters with many possible paragraphs.
0 Cheers
erwin
Level 1
The City State and Zip Code fields do not pull the data in on Form 1065 recipient letters, had to add the new item.    Not seeing the item on Form 1120S or on 1041 recipient letters
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I just use the standard letter and add a line telling them to return the 8879 to me.  99.9999998 percent of my clients only look at what their refund or balance due is and ignore the rest of the letter anyway.  I'm too old to start teaching them how to read.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know years ago we'd customize the letter, we'd just copy/paste the letter from the prior year, then just use Find/Replace to swap out the old tax year with the current one.  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers