yare12_09
Level 1

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Some additional fee that the bank that does the processing adds on....you'd probably need to call them for more information....its not a part of Intuit.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
The $59.90 Pay-by-Refund fee is made up of a $39.95 Bank Fee and a $19.95 Technology fee
Per the "fine print" under "important information, pricing"

https://proconnect.intuit.com/pay-by-refund/

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxesrme
Level 2
it says technology fee is paid to transmitter. isnt that proseries??? why is there no explanation anywhere of this fee??? i smell a law suit coming
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
*   Per the "fine print" under "important information, pricing"  *
Good luck with that lawsuit...
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
taxesrme
Level 2
so just got off the phone with SBBT and they say the fee is from Proseries, not them . interesting!!! apparently the $1000's we pay them is not enough
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yes, you do pay them again.  If I was you, I would snub Intuit and just not offer the service.  That should teach them not to mess with us.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I don't use Pay Per Refund, so I'm certainly not paying extra for it to be included in the software cost....you want that service you get to pay the fee.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Kinda reminds you of the wonderful Fast Path Fee
0 Cheers
taxesrme
Level 2
We don't pay it. They stick it to our clients. What a rip off. I find it interesting that they offer no examination any where as to what this is
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

"apparently the $1000's we pay them is not enough" You got it. Also be sure to keep pdf copies of all your returns, cuz iffen ya'll leave, you won't be able to print prior year returns that you paid for. PS has developed a very not user friendly business model.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
isa84mx
Level 1
Is any other services we can use that is cheaper than ? I mean $60 is a lot I don’t want to renew refund advantage because of that fee
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you use Quick Collect through TPG you only pay $25. The only downside is if the clients refund is intercepted, you will not be paid. I've used it for a few years, and none of my clients have had their refund taken. I have had a few clients that I suspected they may owe child support, and I did not offer them the option of quick collect. 

0 Cheers