COMPLEXEYEDEA
Level 2

Hi, I'm receiving an error dealing with a clients dependent SSN. He is claiming that he spoke with both is daughter and sons mothers, and neither has filed a single tax return yet. I have the description labeled /efile:Return/efile:'ReturnData/efile:IRS1040[1]/efile:DependentDetail[3]/efile:Dep

the error resolution:

The reject frequently occurs when the dependent's SSN on this tax return was present as a dependent on another tax return, or the dependent already filed a return without indicating they would be claimed as a dependent on another return. 

If multiple dependents are present in this return, to identify which dependent is the cause of this reject, review the description field. In the path statement presented, the [?] will identify the number of the dependent that is generating this reject. For example: "[2]" will identify the second dependent from the top. 

Can someone help me determine what dependent is the issue. Im not sure with the [?] is referring to in the detail path. is it the  [3] meaning 3rd dependent on my list, or is it the [1] after 1040 meaning the first dependent on my list? Im confused. 

0 Cheers