Level 15
Level 15

What do I have set wrong and where?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Thats so weird. Do you print to PDF at all and print from there? I've looked at a new client return at PDF but I have not printed as I am not ready to do so. But on PDF my date on my invoice prints out fine. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No, I just sent the invoice to the printer, 2 returning clients, and 1 new one (family with teenage kids)...the parents printed fine, the returning teenager printed fine, the 17 yr old that just got a job in 2019, came out with that FrozenDate thing at the top...weird, huh?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ohhh, maybe I hadnt saved the file before I printed the invoice?

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:
Ohhh, maybe I hadnt saved the file before I printed the invoice?

Would that make a difference? Try it! 

0 Cheers
DCAP
Level 1

Hi, did you find a solution to this problem?  I have run into the same thing.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No, so far they're still printing like that, not sure why or how to fix it. 

Most new clients pay me right on the spot, Im not mailing out an invoice, so its not really that big of a deal for me.....nobody has even noticed but me...... but it sure doesn't look very professional.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  do you see any other complaints about this <FDIFrozenDate> printing at the top of invoices for new clients?

I know theres a new setting to freeze dates, I cant remember where it is or if I checked it...maybe thats where the issue is happening, Ive got it set to freeze dates but its only applying to new clients and its not working right......If I get a chance I'll fiddle around with it later.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well, the good news is, once the return gets accepted, the correct date (I DO have it set to freeze the date as of the Efile Accept date) gets shown on the Invoice, its only  prior to filing that it shows the FrozenDate coding at the top.

If this is the worst of my problems, Im ok with that.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I'm having the same problem here. (Client Letter and Invoices)

New client, Froze the Time Clock on which maybe caused it to do? Unfroze the Time Clock but didn't fix it.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Solution: Un-Check on the Client Status Form The Box below the Efiled: (By checking this box, the client billing/Invoice and client letter dates will use the date.....ect)

Fixed my date problems.

Harmini
Level 1

Could you please be more specific on these instructions?  Where do I go to uncheck the Client Status?

This is only happening on new clients.  Returning clients have the current date on the invoice. 

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had this happen when this box was checked.   Had to uncheck the box

clientstatusdate.png

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
you can also fix it per client in the Client Status worksheet, the quick zoom button is at the very top of the fed info worksheet

0 Cheers