Fletcher
Level 3

What is error code 601 errv11

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You are asking other users. We do not have a master list of codes. My best suggestion is to RESTART your computer and see if it continues. If you still have problems, come back and add any other part of the error message and we might be able to help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Anthony S
Employee
Employee

Hi,

601 error codes are usually due some kind of formatting issue that causes a validation error, and it usually stems from an input in the software.  

Bear in mind that 601 errors usually provide a hint of what the cause might be.  Below is an example of what I'm referencing.  In this case, the error specifically mentions an 'invalid email address format' for the given email address. 

First we verified the input fields pertaining to any email address field in the return.  Then we verified the email address was correct in the Options screen.  In this instance, when ProSeries' Options screen (Tools>Options>Firm Preparer Info) was opened, we confirmed there was a person's name in the email address field instead of an email address.  This was corrected and the tax return successfully transmitted.

601ERRV:7_CustHdr_16 ??-Invalid Email Address format address = '[Person's Name]'

My best advice in the future is to carefully read the error to see if you can determine the reason.  Unfortunately, there is no list of potential codes you could encounter, so if you run into a 601 error that you cannot resolve please contact us in technical support.

Best regards,

Tony

View solution in original post