parhutch
Level 2

I sent a 2019 invite to client for Intuit Link.  The client's status is showing accepted as our many other clients from I guess their 2018 acceptance.  Anyone know how to get this corrected and fast?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

For clients who had previously accepted your invitation, you can go directly into Link for Accountants to send your requests.  There's nothing to correct.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
parhutch
Level 2

He has not accepted 2019 invite.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

But he did accept 2018 and that's good enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
parhutch
Level 2

I invited him from the home screen for 1040's - clicked invite.  Customized the questions etc and hit send.  Client has never gotten email and he is showing he accepted as are numerous other clients who havent been invited at all.

That just doesnt work showing clients with invites accepted in the 2019 Link.  Way too confusing a process going on here.  Anyway on phone with ProSeries now.  I really hope we dont have to try to ascertain who has been invited on a manual basis as this process seems to be doing.

0 Cheers
parhutch
Level 2

And also absurd to have summary data in Link showing 39 invites accepted and 23 pending.  Makes no logical sense.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Link is not the best client portal out there and there are plenty of complaints.  The advantage of using Link is that it comes free with ProConnect tax products and there is some level of integration with the product you use.  That's why some (including me) have moved away from Link and use their own client portal, over which they have more (if not total) control.

Did you even try send out the requests from Link for Accountants?  It will should work.

[Edit: Updated to make sure I don't run afoul of the cardinal rule for writing an opinion 😁]

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
parhutch
Level 2

Assume you mean going to LInk itself to send the invite.  That doesn't work because their document requests aren't over there unless you hit invite from the Home Base.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

No, if your client already accepted the invite from a prior year, you do not send another invite from within Link but the actual requests.

1. When you're in Link, choose Tax Year 2019 from the left panel dropdown;
  2. On the far right of your client's name under ACTIONS, click on Review;
  3. On the next screen, click on the little triangle next to the Add Request button and select the Template to use;
  4. Edit as necessary; and
  5. Click on the button for Send ## Draft Requests.

I'm aware PS has an in-built function to send the request but this may be a workaround if you're having problem.  Try that out with your own personal or test email before using it with your clients.

Good luck.

Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
parhutch
Level 2

Sing me up as advocate for you.  2 hours on phone with Intuit and they couldn't even get close.

Long night - but appreciate you staying with me thru this.  Not sure why but you are special.  Good Samaritan in this community for sure.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @parhutch!  Hope it works for you.  Have a great weekend ahead.

Still an AllStar