DMB
Level 1

4TH QUARTER INDIVIDUAL NYS ESTIMATED PAYMENT KEEPS GETTING REJECTED. MESSAGE SAYS TAX RETURN CONTAINS MISSING OR INCORRECT ELECTRONIC FUNDS WITHDRAWAL INFO. THE INFORMTION IS CORRECT AND IS THE SAME INFO I USED FOR THE OTHER 3 QUARTERS AND FOR EXTENSIONS AND TAX PAYMENTS. I DID AN UPDATE BUT THERE WERE NO UPDATES.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Hey... our hearing is just fine...

IF you search the forum (and assuming any of those old posts came over to this lovely new forum) I believe the fact that the MeF system is shut down until later in January is the issue.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
DMB
Level 1

Sorry about the all CAPS!! Thanks for the answer!! I was looking for the article about the shutdown but it didn't mention a specific date-it just said January 2020. I didn't realize that estimated payments would be affected. Do you know if the system will come back on before Jan 15 estimates are due?

Thanks again for quick response!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Eh ?  I can't hear you Woman Wink

I don't have a clue about the start up date and the IRS is silent.  I don't think it was prior to 1/15 last year.  And I don't remember if those old threads had a solution.   Since I'm in CA & don't have to worry much about NYS, I didn't pay close attention.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
MarcR
Level 3

I am having the same problem. Am calling Intuit Monday.

0 Cheers
RJC
Level 1

HAs anyone had any luck in getting 4th quarter estimated sue tomorrow through ProSeries

0 Cheers
MarcR
Level 3

I contacted Intuit Monday morning and they could not find out the cause of this. They advised me to go to the NYS Website and set up the 4th Quarter Estimate there. I did that so I am all set. With the deadline tomorrow, I advise the same. Who knows how long it will take Intuit to figure this one out.

NicoleAutumn
Level 2

The issue with the E filing of the 4th quarter  NY return is not the program...The state of NY has suspended E  filing . they could not or would not give me a date when the filing would be allowed but best guess from ProSeries is between January 23rd- and 27th but since they do not have any say they can only give estimated release dates. the state website will allow payments through it directly. Unsure if the state will penalize for late payments. Common sense would dictate since they are preventing an already E file return  to process a payment before its due date they would not penalize but common sense does not always prevail in these situations

I had this error. 

After confirming ProSeries was updated.  
Go to EF Center, Select Client File in question, Efile, E Filing, Covert & Transmit, Click radial button to Convert & Transmit. 

0 Cheers