FTAX
Level 5

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Could be something related to the misc 2% deductions being axed.  The form is going to be so limited in nature that Intuit doesn't what folks printing forms that probably aren't going to be applicable to most taxpayers.  Anyone else want to take a guess?.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
FTAX
Level 5
Of course, but it still is applicable on many state returns.  
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Jeff...I may just give you a NO vote for that :laughing::laughing:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Ftax.....Jeff was just messin' with you because several posters have asked why the organizers are still about those expenses.  Seems like a lot of preparers aren't aware that many states didn't conform to TCJA

I'd guess it is because the software isn't completely ready just yet.  

( Lacerte doesn't have F 2106 up & running yet)

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But I wasn't messing with anybody.  Where FTAX is looking, the selection for printing doesn't really hinge on the form being ready or not.  I have no idea why it would look that way, but I put on my Intuit thinking cap to think of some flaky reason why they wouldn't give you the option to print.  Maybe they have a state look-a-like form that is going to be generated for state purposes and are making the form almost useless for federal purposes.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
FTAX
Level 5
So, besides not being helpful, you weren't messing. You also weren't funny, you weren't ironic and  you weren't interesting. You were just wasting everyone's time.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Call support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I disagree...I have found Jeff to be helpful, funny AND ironic, over & over & over.

He had an very good guess (given his experience with PS) as to the issue, but NONE of us (us being volunteers & just users of the software like you...) knows.  Either wait for an update, or call support.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers