millescas
Level 1

I called customer services and they told me that I was under a 3 years contract that I don't remember signing but even if I did agree verbally this is my 4th year since a return to ProSeries so I wouldn't be bound under any contract anymore.

I tried to cancel my subscription online but the webpage for ProConnect didn't let me or offer me the way to do it, this is wrong why should I continue with a tax software that I don't want anymore????

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Plan B - immediately contact your credit card company and dispute the charge.  That'll get someone's attention at Intuit very quickly.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
millescas
Level 1
Excellent suggestion!! that will work
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Keep us posted on the results...Intuit has become a bit aggressive in this area.  Just one reason I refuse to do auto-renewals.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
millescas
Level 1
I called the bank yesterday and stopped the payment, I called again Customer Support and someone supposed to call me no-one has called me as yet
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think back when they went with auto renewal you agreed to use their software for life plus maybe a couple of years after death.  However, we were told that a simple phone call could be used to cancel the software if we changed our mind.  Try calling again.  If you get the same run around, ask to talk to a supervisor.  If the supervisor is as dumb as the person answering the phone, come on back and we can come up with a plan B.

Slava Ukraini!
millescas
Level 1
They gave me a name and number of some "contract owner", I called that number and went to voice mail. I will send him an email too. Let's see what he says
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What the hell is a contract owner?   Somethings weird about this, I dont remember ever being under any contract.   Youre sure youre calling a real Intuit phone number?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
millescas
Level 1
Yes, I am calling intuit customer services number
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did you originally get ProSeries through a "Service Bureau" of some kind?     A service bureau may have had you on some kind of contract.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers