rbynaker
Level 13
I don't have the software in front of me right now but I can answer some of these from memory:

> How do you change the preparer on a return?

Fed Info Wks, scroll down, it should be there somewhere (assuming you have all of your preparers set up in Options first)

> What are the different options on "TSJ indicators"?

This can be clunky.  I like to have it on, it comes in handy on some VA returns for spouse tax adjustment and I have a handful of older clients with lots of medical expenses and we have to check every year to see if MFS/MFJ is better.  If you want to use this, first make sure TSJ indicators are turned ON in Options.  Then there will be a box on certain fields, it's horribly inconsistent though, sometimes it's selected in an amount box, other times from a description (and then applies to all amounts).  With these set right, you can pretty easily split a return if you need to file MFS instead of MFJ.  Also, if you have ProSeries Pro, you can activate the MFJ vs. MFS Wks to get an analysis of which is the better filing status.

> How do I enter the ERO practitioner PIN?

Fed Info Wks.  It's down near TP/SP PINs (which you may have set to auto-generate by default).  If you tell the Fed Info Wks that you want to efile then it should red-flag this field as required.  (If you don't tell it that first, it will assume you're paper-filing and then it's not a required field.)

> Is there a place where you can enter a 1099-INT or 1099-Bs? I see where to enter the information from one, but some of my clients have more information than the worksheets (even the "advanced" worksheets) allow. For example: I'd like to be able to enter all the 1099-B information that is covered, no adjustments, and have the software add it up and put it on line 1a or 8a. How do I do this? It puts it on 1b or 8b, which is wrong.

1099-INT is fairly straight-forward on Sch B.  For more complex entries just double-click on the bank name and it will let you create a detail worksheet where you can put in foreign tax w/h, allocate exempt interest for states, etc.  Most all of the fields are in there.

1099-B, I've been asking for what you want for a few years now with no luck.  I completely agree this would make life so much easier!  For now I create 4 detail sheets, one each for ST/LT proceeds/basis.  Then I enter the covered, smothered, scattered, etc. transactions so they show up directly on Sch D and skip the 8949.  I *really* want to see a 1099-B Wks where we can just enter these amounts and check a box to report directly on Sch D, but I'm not holding my breath.

> How do you enter state pricing?

It's hiding in options somewhere.  When I can't find it, I do this:  Open the state return.  Once you're in there, from the pull down menu there should be something on global billing options.  You should be able to set the state pricing there.  I'm pretty sure there's a link or tab somewhere on the main options but I sometimes have trouble remembering where it is.

Rick