Turtle43
Level 3

My main laptop has a battery/charging issue that I need to mail it in to fix and thank goodness it is under warranty.   I am resorting to a different laptop (we call this target computer) to work in the mean time.  

I have installed Proseries Basic and Pro software for 2016-2018 in the target computer. Next, I copied the data files in Baswin Folder of each year the 16Data, 17Data and 18Data files from main laptop to target laptop (via an external hard drive) and in concept that should work.  I have gotten the Proseries Basic 2016-2018 up and running and have even efiled one 1 tax return through acceptance so Proseries Basic is all good!

For Professional. I used the same method of copying the respective Prowin 16Data, 17Data, 18Data to the target computer from the main computer (like Proseries Basic) and for 2017 and 2018 - I don't see any files when I opened the applications. For 2016, I have a few less files than I expected.

What are possible reasons for Prowin not working for the data files?  I kept the prev data files by renaming 16Data Copy, 17Data Copy and 18Data Copy.

Please share any insights that you may have. Thank you. I will call Intuit Proseries on Thurs morning if I can't fix the issue by then.

0 Cheers