SylvaniaCPA
Level 1

I have Windows 7 professional now and have Proseries 2012-2018 installed

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12
Did you upgrade from Win7 to Win10 or buy new? I bought new Win10 and they all work, back through 2013.

Some of the older years do NOT work on Win 7 and probably not on Win10. My old WinXP is still at home gathering dust unless I need to prep really old returns.
** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
faithalampi
Level 1
I disagree, I upgraded to Windows10 and PrpWin18 would not open and neither would previous years. I had to revert back to Windows 7.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Something might have gone wrong during or after the upgrade.  You may need to dig a little deeper.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
faithalampi
Level 1
how do I dig deeper? I spent 1 hour with technical support (lisa) and she told me to hire an IT person to find a solution.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Intuit Austin
@Intuit BettyJo

A little help here?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
To be fair, their technical support can't diagnose your system issues other than to walk you through common problems they had encountered and to give you assurance that the program is designed to work with Windows 10, in light of their experience with other users.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@faithalampi - given that numerous folks HAVE upgraded to Win10 and don't have any issues, it is a pretty good assumption that the issue is with your set-up.  Which will need your local IT person to troubleshoot.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no issues.  I just checked and the years back to 2009 are all functioning normally with 10.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

It will work, at least for tax years 2015 onwards.  Windows 10 was released in 2015 and it was explicit that PS for TY2015 supports Windows 10.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1867544-system-requirements-for-2015-proseries-pro...

Theoretically, legacy programs may also be compatible with Windows 10.  See this article for more details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-10-make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers