burchfieldcpas
Level 2

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

You will need to install the program itself on the new machine(s), you can do that from within your My Account (proconnect.intuit.com).  As far as data goes, you would have to upload that to a removable drive (like a thumb drive) and the files default location is your C drive, under PROWIN17 (or whatever year) and 17Data.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
and use the Backup/Restore option within the program, just in case you have any Pay Per Return information that you want to carry over with the client file.   Merely copy/pasting client files from one computer to another you lose the PPR info and it will prompt you to pay again if you want to print those PPR returns.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
YES!  Although (being honest) i'm not sure the PPR auth carries over. (it might though, you may be TOTALLY right on that one)
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It does!  I know for sure!  LOL    Made the mistake more than once before I figured it out!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Thank you for sharing that! :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
WAH
Level 1

Hi. I am doing this now to get the 2018 files on to my new computer since my old one ran windows 7

okay, I got input from Intuit that also told me:

"Use Windows File Explorer and copy the HOMEBASE and COMMON folders to the flash drive as well"

I done know how to do that.

0 Cheers