TaxesInMA
Level 1
It's not about credentials.  "Jeff" may have personally rewritten the tax code and/or have a direct line to Rettig, that's fine.

Someone had a reasonable straightforward question, originally.  He gave a joke answer.  I called him on it... and gave an answer that is not perfect (I haven't checked all 50 states) but is better than a joke.  And I said "I think" to show that it wasn't necessarily the final answer.

"Jeff" decided to keep trolling.  I called him on it, again.

(Definition of troll, per Wikipedia: a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.  Wasn't that what he did, the second time?)

Do you think it was unreasonable for the original poster to ask "Which states allow 2% miscellaneous deductions?"  Or do you have an accurate and complete answer?  Or does Jeff?  If not, why keep pestering?

I don't declare myself an expert.  I've looked for a good/complete answer to this question and haven't found it.  Feel free to help?
0 Cheers