I am doing a Schedule E rental worksheet for a property owned 50% by my client. I enter the 100% amount and it should show the 50% amount in the adjoining column. However, on Line 16a for real estate taxes, I enter $1,402 and the 50% number comes out as $700.
Anyone else get this result? It reminds me of a problem I had with a TRS-80 back in the late 70s.
Solved! Go to Solution.
That's funny. However, my test file gives me $701.
You have probably done this, but just in case ...
- Have you double checked it shows the ownership percentage is 50.000000?
- Have you double checked if you entered any personal days?
- Have double checked that nothing is entered for an owner occupied rental?
- Have you deleted the $1402 and entered it again?
- Close ProSeries, open it, update it, and open the client file?