Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Theres a place to enter business use % on the asset entry worksheet.

I tend to go old school and make all my percentage splits on a piece paper then enter the correct amount for that person on the asset entry worksheet...if they bought a rental for 300K, owned 50/50 I just enter the cost of 150K on each persons asset entry sheet.

I had one the other day, boyfriend girlfriend bought a new house with a granny unit and immediately began renting the granny out...had to decide on the granny unit % for the property, then split everything 50/50- between them.  

So granny unit was 25% of property, and each of them got 50% of the 25% on asset entry and the 1098 deductions and the with the main house being 75% of the property and they split that 75% of the 1098 50/50 between them.

Girlfriend had another house with a granny unit she'd been renting for years, but she moved out of the main house when they bought the new house together, and she started renting the main house out too mid year....so I had that main house and granny unit, granny had been rented all year, main house for half the year and had to do all those % splits for her return as well.

I got too confused trying to let ProSeries do the percentages for me.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪