Hello

Yes I have tried this instruction before I got in this forum

I prepared as original return the previous tax prepared did for ty 2020. Save as <filename.original>

Open that file and open form 1040X. It created duplicate ssn and duplicate file. I was scared to mess up and got out of instruction and continue with paper for amended return

May I ask: 

Now I do 2021 1040 amended. 2021 1040 original was prepared by other tax preparer also.

I have a hard copy of 2021 original return from taxpayer . I am preparing amended 1040 which I know the changes without save as "filename.original". I do and save as normal I prepare new file

Can I do that to efile the amended return? 

I click on already efile original return Fed and State. When I click on efile amended return, it pop up red error and indicate follow instruction . 

Your response would be appreciate . After this if not work I have to call support team the learn the new how to efile amended return which I not original efile return for my future. Else I have to prepare paper again. It is inconvenient because remote taxpayer since I need wet signature from taxpayer 

0 Cheers