Ran
Level 1

I started doing taxes with forms and carbon paper. ProSeries was the way to go when I first converted to  electronic return preparation. I know the form and where the information needs to be. I can look at a return and see if something is not populating correctly. So, with this I found ProSeries a really good system. 

My big things was I did not want to use the services ProSeries wants you to go. to I have my own cloud service which works extremally well for me. So this year I had a deal come my way where I could have used either program. So I decided to try out ProConnect online. 

With ProConnect online you can do a tax returns faster. However, the system leaves a very lot of information to you wondering. ProConnect when you are doing the data entry figure out certain thing for you. So yes it does cut way down on the data entry. But what if you want to be outside the norm, this is where ProSeries shines. it makes it easier to move outside the box.  

So being a very long time forms person, ProConnect is not for me and will NEVER get into ProConnect again. I have been around many people and they all love ProConnect. Speed is fast in ProConnect and To understand and know what exactly is going to populate your clients return. Teaching a Jounior preparer and to have them understand where and what is populating, ProSeries is the best option. 

Now, if price is your concern, pay per form is great for both, but I do think ProSeries is the way to go. 

My vote is for PROSERIES all the way. No question. I will not ever use ProConnect gain even if I get this deal. I would much rather pay for ProSeries. 

0 Cheers