JFB968
Level 3

I had so much hoped that this was going to be the fix, but I got the same reject back again.  Guess I'm on the phone now.

Return Rejected
Code: F2441-524
Form: 0(00)
Line #:
Description: *****1078(/efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS2441[1]/efile:QualifyingPersonGrp[1]/efile:QualifyingPersonSSN)
Error Detail:
Form 2441, Part II, Line 2 column a, each Qualifying Person Name Control (first 4 characters of last name) and the corresponding Line 2 column b, 'Qualifying Person SSN' must match data from the IRS Master File.
Error Resolution:
The IRS has rejected this return because the Qualifying Person's Social Security Number and last name (first 4 characters) do not match the IRS data base as received from the Social Security Administration. If more than one qualifying person is present on Form 2441, review the Description above. In the path statement presented, the [?] will identify the number of the qualifying person that is causing this reject. For example: "[2]" will identify the second qualifying person from the top.
1. Verify the qualifying child's Social Security Number (SSN) matches his or her Social Security Card.
2. Verify there are no misspellings or transpositions in the last name, SSN, and year of birth and that the middle initial and suffix has been entered in their designated field(s).
3. If the qualifying person's last name changed (e.g., divorce, adoption) and the taxpayer notified the Social Security Administration (SSA), call the SSA at (800) 772-1213 to verify the qualifying person's SSN and last name on file.
OR
If the taxpayer did not notify the SSA of the child's name change, notify the SSA of the qualifying child's new name change, wait four weeks, then re-file the return.

0 Cheers