Dan7
Level 2

I've tried other avenues and don't think they've gotten anywhere, so let's try this one.

(Individual 1040 module)

If on input screen 45.1 I select the option for Exempt & Filed Form 4029, Lacerte should print "EXEMPT-FORM 4029" on line 4 of Schedule 2 and generate Schedule 2 to be filed with the tax return.  This informs the IRS as to why no self employment tax was included on the return.

In Lacerte 2019 as of 1/23/2020, Schedule 2 is not being generated.  If I check the box to view all forms, I can view Schedule 2.  "EXEMPT-FORM 4029" is being printed on the form.  However the form is not in bold in the forms list, thus will not print with the tax return or be sent with the e-file. 

This worked as it should in the 2018 software, although it was on Line 57 of Schedule 4 in the 2018 forms.

Please correct this before e-filing starts.  We have a lot of Amish clients and I don't want them to get letters from the IRS stating that they owe self employment tax.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Thank you for sharing all of this on the user forum. The quickest way to get any programming errors corrected is to highlight the client and use Ctrl + L to start a Lacerte Email Support ticket. This will allow you to attach the actual client data for them to see and to copy and paste all of what you have in this post.  If they respond with a simple data entry fix, please post it here. If it is a programming issue, they should fix it in an upcoming release.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Dan7
Level 2

Thank you.  I submitted a support ticket.

0 Cheers
Dan7
Level 2

1/30/2020 - Problem still exists and I have received no communication from Lacerte.

0 Cheers
Dan7
Level 2

2/5/2020 and still not resolved and absolutely no communication from Lacerte.

Clients are getting restless.  It took a few years to convince all our Amish clients to e-file.

Now I have to try to explain to them why they have to file on paper this year.

Gonna do another support ticket.  I'd prefer to call, but all the last phone support person did was waste an hour of my time of my time searching the instructions for something to read to me (after an hour on hold).

0 Cheers
Dan7
Level 2

We were able to get an actual investigation going via phone support this morning.

Hopefully it can be resolved.

0 Cheers
Dan7
Level 2

Resolved 2/12/2020.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Agape
Level 1

How were you able to resolve this?

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@Agape 

The 2020 workaround noted was to print the Sch 2 by itself and include it with the return or force the form to generate by entering $1 on any other line of the Sch 2. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".