riven
Level 1

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Some requests can just be ignored. If it insists, then you probably need to do a FORCE install https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lacerte...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

riven
Level 1

Well, OK, but after initially installing it, I was able to open it with no problems, and it seemed to function fine with that session.  Are you suggesting that something happened with an update that now I need to do a force install?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Sometimes updates do not install well. Using the FORCE will usually correct anything that went wrong. If it is still insisting on a reboot after you rebooted, something went wrong, so do the FORCE install.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
riven
Level 1

I tried the "Force" install, following the directions you linked to, but we are using an in house server and I couldn't get the address to the server right, so it would not find the file path.  I just went to a standard install over the old one and that seems to have fixed it.  19 opened up on the first try and even all the mapping was still in place.  So good call, thanks.

0 Cheers