BrandonB
Level 1

Howdy!

My firm moved from Ultratax to Lacerte in November. We were not aware of the organizer sending process, wherein we are required to send 2019 organizers from 2018 Lacerte. Since we transferred in November, we uploaded directly from Ultratax in 2018 to Lacerte in 2019. We have our entire client base in 19, and now nothing in 2018 Lacerte. Is there a way to transfer the data from 19 to 18 in order to send those organizers? We no longer have access to our Ultratax database.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Brandon

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can not convert 2019 data back to 2018 data. You may have to contact support for help. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-contact-lacerte-for-help/00/4691

You should have followed these steps: 

(A) Convert UT 2018 to Lacerte 2018

(B) Spend time to review the Lacerte data for  2018 to (a) get familiar with the program and (b) review state return(s) and (c) check depreciation.

(C) After a quick review, go to Screen 3 and look for a check mark, right above the header for Organizer Miscellaneous - remove that check mark 

(D) Proforma from the 2018 program to 2019

(E) Edit settings and produce the Organizer from the 2018 program. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BrandonB
Level 1

The UT > Lacerte transfer process requires to proforma one year to the next from UT to Lacerte (ie, 2018 data was required for 2019 data upload, 2017 would be needed for 2018, etc.), and were unaware of the organizer sending process in Lacerte. In UT, organizers were sent from same-year, proforma'd data. 

I guess I'll need to reach out to support. It's somewhat frustrating that we lost access to UT data after learning of this procedure difference, but that's on us unfortunately. Thank you for your reply.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
As a user, I have always understood that the conversion was from same year to same year, i.e. 2018 UT should become 2018 Lacerte. Do you have the 2018 Lacerte installed? Yes, a call to support is a good idea. I believe they are available today. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-contact-lacerte-for-help/00/4691

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers