steven
Level 5

We run a network version of Lacerte.  In prep for 2019 we have moved to a new Windows 2019 server.  As instructed we copied the \\Lacerte\[YY]Tax\*.* to the new server and remapped the SAME drive letter to the new server.  For reasons I am unclear on our workstations have a mix of mapped drive paths and UNC paths in the "Settings" tab.  I would like to correct the UNC paths in the current 2018 and replace as many of them as possible with the mapped drive path now as I believe that when I install 2019 it will try to suck as much info as possible from the 2018 options files (and other locations?).

I went in to the setup.ini in the Setup[YY] folder and updated the UNC path, but suspect that this only impacts new installs.

I also went in to the OPT18 folder and updated the paths for the K1 location in the various OPT[NNN].w8 to use the mapped drive. I searched these files for the old server name and this was the only old value found.

I have at least 1 issue when I look at the F10 data that I see the "System File Path" and "Options Path" still pointing to the old UNC location. 

What file(s) hold this information and where else might I need to correct the old UNC paths?

FWIW, the server is currently still active so I am concerned an incorrect file path may access the old data.

0 Cheers