None of us have the codes memorized.

What does it SAY?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You MAY not have to clear it at all https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1861343-lacerte-fatal-diagnostics

What is the wording of the WARNING?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
(Your power is obviously on....)
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Power never went out, even though PG&E notified me at 9am Wednesday - "your power is out or will be out shortly" Later the news reports the wind has been postponed until 8pm. Then local police report says postponed until 10pm. Lights were still on when I got up and I found out 8 houses about a mile from me were turned off and it affected one signal light. I guess PG&E decided they had to shut some off or they would look bad (as if they ever looked good!)
The experience has been more fun then the new forum.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
GLK
Level 1

Form 1099-Misc/NEC One of the entries for "State" in the State information section is not recognized as a valid entry.  Please select a valid entry from the table [ref #45043]

I picked the State which is the only area with a table.  The state is one of the states that can be E-Filed with the 1099-Misc allowed

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@GLK 

Lacerte doesn't really *have* a place to specifically enter a F 1099-Misc or NEC.  You enter the amount(s) on the appropriate screens to get the income to show on the correct place on the tax return (generally Sch C for a F 1099-Misc or NEC)

PLUS, this thread is three years old.

ARE you really using Lacerte?

( Generic Comment )"
GLK
Level 1

Yes I am using Lacerte

My question was about the 2020 tax issue.

0 Cheers