jeffreym
Level 1

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That's because you have checked the box "Military pay exclusion: Sinai Peninsula of Egypt" on Screen 59 under Miscellaneous Information on the basis the 1040X is being filed pursuant to IR-2018-95.  If this is not correct, you should uncheck the box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

sjrcpa
Level 15
Who knew? I have never seen that box before now.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Never seen that myself either but then I don't deal with military personnel.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I guessed it was something like that, but could not find that input. I am sure glad you came on board. Happy Vacation!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I even search for "peninsula" & didn't find anything :joy:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Thanks, @George4Tacks!  It's just a hunch it has something to do with some kind of retroactive application.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
jeffreym
Level 1
Thank you George4Tacks - that was exactly the situation, tho I do not recall ever having seen that box, much less checked it. I appreciate the help.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I assume that this was not expected. What is being changed for the 1040X that might have triggered this. Is there foreign income from this source? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers