1dummy
Level 1
Getting a diagnostic in partnership moudule stating "The SSN of the person filing the return for the associated Schedule J is not a valid SSN".
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Perhaps this might help: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1879852-form-5471-critical-diagnostic-for-e-filin...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
The equivalence of that in the Partnership module is Screen 48.1.  Did you try that?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
1dummy
Level 1
Yes.  The filing number is a FIN not SSN, but even when I enter it as a SSN still get the same message.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Do you mean EIN?
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
1dummy
Level 1
yes
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Did you select the partner from the dropdown or did you manually enter the name of the partnership on Screen 48.1?  If you have entered the name of the partnership and entered the EIN, the diagnostic should go away.  I don't have a problem so long as this is done.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
1dummy
Level 1
I had the name of the partnership and as you advised, I clicked on the dropdown and selected one of the members.  I guess the name of the partnership is no longer accepted, so have to select an individual.  Thanks for your help! No I'm getting another diagnostic regarding Schedule P, stating that its not included in the efile and must be manually attached as PDF attachment.  Such a pain!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
It is not correct that filing under partnership name is no longer accepted.  If one or more partners would otherwise have the same filing requirements for F.5471, the partnership may include their details under Item F to except these partners from filing their own - see filing instructions for more details.

Since this thread resolves your question, please consider updating your vote so that it may help others who have similar questions
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try these articles https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1861993-individual-form-5471-faqs

Add a comment below if you still need help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
1dummy
Level 1
This is in partnership module, not corporation.
0 Cheers