ss
Level 1

Does anyone have any experience with what to do in this situation? I figured I'd ask here while we're on hold with the IRS for the foreseeable future.

Thanks in advance!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I don't use Lacerte, but the Form 9325 that's generated when a return is accepted and included in the client file, should show a submission ID to help IRS track it. (unless you're just using WMR website that shows they don't have it, which is notorious incorrect)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
ss
Level 1
Thanks! Lacerte doesn't generate that form - it has it's own e-file acceptance letter you can print instead but unfortunately the IRS doesn't care about that letter. :-1:   We *do* have submission ID info but I didn't want to spend 6 hours on hold with IRS jazz kazoo music if it turns out that isn't sufficient to prove our case. lol:-1:
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
But you can print the efile Activity Report which has the submission ID, dates, etc.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
ss
Level 1
Yes and I've done that as well. Our tax director says this has happened before and the IRS didn't acknowledge that activity report printout as relevant either so we had to resubmit the return on paper.  I was hoping maybe someone here knew the secret to getting the IRS to accept our proof from Lacerte but maybe we'll get stuck paper filing again after all. (I'm just glad the client doesn't owe.)
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
FYI- the efile Help desk is easier/quicker to deal with than regular IRS. At least it used to be. I haven't called them this year.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers