mhkdgal
Level 4

A client received two 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statements.  On the first 1095-A, the husband is listed as the "Recipient" and also as the "Covered Individual".  There are monthly amounts listed in Part III, lines 21-32 in columns A, B and C.

The second 1095-A also lists the husband as the "Recipient", but shows his wife as the "Covered Individual".   Her amounts in Part III, lines 21-32 in columns A, B and C are identical to the amounts listed on the first 1095-A (with the husband as the covered individual).

I have entered these as two separate 1095-As in Lacerte.  On the resulting Form 8962 line 11 (annual amounts), the amounts shown in Column (a) (Annual enrollment premiums) and in Column (f) (Annual advance payment of PTC) are the sum of the amounts on the two 1095-A forms.  However, the amount on line 11, column (b) (Annual applicable SLCSP premium) is only equal to the amount from ONE of the 1095 forms.  It is not adding the two 1095-A forms together.     Does this sound correct?

I actually "tested" the system by changing the amount I entered from one of the 1095-A forms to a very large amount ($10,000) and when I looked at the Form 8962 again, it had added the two 1095-A amounts together for the SLCSP premium.   However, when I changed it back to the original amount, the 8962 went back to only including one of the 1095-A amounts.  

Any thoughts our guidance on whether I am doing this wrong, or if this is a software issue would be greatly appreciated!

0 Cheers