pamdory
Level 8

I agree about changing to Drake.  I wouldn't do it, and just brought up the fact that they were able to get this one issue correct - which Lacerte should have gotten right. The colleague that switched to Drake also kept a bare-bones association with Ultra Tax so she could double check Drake's calculations.

The real issue I was ranting about was the quality of the support, which was dismal.  In seasons like the last three, where there have been so many changes, they have to realize that some things will slip past their internal testing procedures, but just maybe their users know what they're doing and listen to us.  In previous years I've found a couple of issues early in the season and was put through those who could evaluate the problem and actually make the correction.  With this situation this season I ended up going to Oregon Department of Revenue's tax pro contact and they got their Lacerte liaison to get it fixed.

I'm old school and use a worksheet to manually calculate key figures - AGI, Itemized deductions, taxable income, total payments.  It takes a little extra time on the front end, but makes it much quicker for me to check my staff's work and my own.  That's how I've run into glitches early in the season.  If Lacerte and my worksheet don't agree on one of those numbers, either I need to tweak the worksheet (usually) or there's something wrong in the software (maybe 3 or 4 times in 20 years).  

0 Cheers