mrboatright
Level 1

After three separate calls to support, this issue is still unresolved:

Texas residents' Federal returns (and payments) are not due until June 15, due to disaster relief granted by the IRS. I have previously e-filed returns with balance due being paid via direct debit, with a payment date of June 15. The workaround to do so was to change the "Due date of the return" on Screen 5.1 to 6/15/2021, and leave the "Electronic payment date" on Screen 3 blank.

Recently, such returns have been rejected by the IRS due to Error FPYMT-072-01: If the filing is received on or before the due date of the filing, then the 'RequestedPaymentDt'...must be on or before the due date.

Lacerte help did their best, but I knew it was an engineer issue with the software. The excuse from the engineers is that they do not update due dates within the program for disaster areas.

Even when the disaster area is the entire state of Texas? All businesses and individuals located within the state? Lacerte is seriously going to ignore tens of millions of customers?

Unbelievable.

I know this can be fixed within the program, because I have successfully e-filed such returns just last month! So fix it back!

0 Cheers