Level 14
This widget could not be displayed.

US citizens and resident aliens are taxed on all their income, regardless of where they live.  They may qualify for foreign tax credit or exclusion of earned income (from your post, sounds like they're retired).  You might be able to pro-rate income for state tax purposes.  If they owe Canadian tax, they need to know how much in order to calculate foreign tax credit.