pls
Level 3

How do you generate the Ohio IT RC - Ohio Resident Credit Calculation?  The taxpayer is a full year resident of Ohio, with income taxed by Kentucky.  He is entered on Lacerte as a full year Ohio resident.  Lacerte is calculating the Kentucky non-resident return correctly, but it will not generate the OH IT RC, to calculate the Ohio Resident Credit for tax paid to another state.  We have tried putting the amounts in the override fields on Screen 52, but it still does not take them to the IT RC.  On all other screens, all amounts are correctly allocated between Ohio and Kentucky. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
RK67
Level 2

I called Lacerte and they could not help me after being on the phone for 1.5hours. So today I posted my question. I also need to claim this Ohio credit for taxes paid to another state for a partner. Other states are ten in total....partnership paid taxes to those states on behalf of this partner. I also input the amounts in the columns that have an [O] (override) and they don't flow to the Sch of Credits..........so issue remains unresolved, for you and I.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers
pls
Level 3

Thank you so much!

0 Cheers