tkettlercpa
Level 3

Did something happen to the Form 1116 calculations in the last update? I have a carryover from prior year and can not get the 55350  & 55410 errors to go away. Checked the box 1099 tax, changed the country to other Country  and the warnings do not go away. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

It is entirely possible that the update messed something else up. What do the errors say?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
tkettlercpa
Level 3

e-file Form 1116, Part II Foreign Taxes Paid or Accrued, Line I must have a a date paid or accrued or 1099 taxes.  Checked the 1099 taxes and the error doesn't go away

ef-file Form 1116, Part I Taxable Income or Loss From Sources outside the US, Line i must either have a name of the Foreign Country or the US Possession. I put in "Other Country" based on earlier discussions. These are mutual funds plus I have a carryover - error isn't going away. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Did you enter a date paid?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
tkettlercpa
Level 3

Yes and change the country to other - the error message is not going away

0 Cheers
tkettlercpa
Level 3

Determined that is was coming from the carryover. Ended up removing the carryover and the message went away. I think it is a program issue, but in this case the carryover was pretty small. 

Alva124
Level 2

I have the same problem. I was not able to fix it, I had to paper file this return

0 Cheers