tmartini
Level 1

The Market discount adjustment is appearing on Schedule D, Line 1b and flowing across the form correctly in the line total.   The Market discount adjustment flows to the Schedule B correctly.  However the Market discount is NOT flowing down to Line 7 of the Schedule D.  The Market discount is omitted in the Capital Gain/Loss total.  It appears the program is DOUBLE posting the Market discount adjustment to the tax file.

Has this issue been brought to Inuit's attention?  Is there a fix scheduled?  Has anyone found a work  around in the interim?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

It seemed to be working fine for me this afternoon. My return that had it has an enormous number of non-covered transactions, so I was mostly checking that my Schedule D totals were right. I'll take another look tomorrow.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I can't reproduce this issue. My Schedule D foots with no issues when there's a market discount adjustment.

0 Cheers
tmartini
Level 1

PhoebeRoberts

Yes -  the work around is to SPLIT the transaction.  Listing the Wash separately from the Market Discount Adjustment computes the taxation correctly. 

0 Cheers