bhood
Level 3

epic fail in support for buggy lacerte support I have had network issues with errors ever since I updated my microsoft and lacerte software.   I have tried the network tools CLPACKed renamed file followed directions from several support people but nothing stops the issue.   I get EAbZipInvalid in module w20tax at00121908 invalid file, not a PKZip file error along with numerous other errors.   The program is unstable, we have lost clients who were entered and the .ID0 file becomes corrupted.    We have to re-enter the client's information.    I was on with tech support all suggesting a solution and after we hang up problem comes back.    I tried to send my error log to Lacerte program support but they have no method of getting the log.  Tech support was going to have me screen through 4000 lines of support as she took screenshots of my errors.   WTF I begged to have a tier 2 support just contact me and go over the issue.   How many others out there are having similarly BUG riddled Lacerte program errors.    Paying thousands to have my number one competitor INtuit turbo tax crash my programs. 

George4Tacks
Level 15
bhood
Level 3

Thank you we did try that and all other items on the tools, plus renaming directories.   The problem still comes up intermittently.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

When there is an update, I decline it. Exit the program and run Web Setup. It seems more stable than the in program update..

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
bhood
Level 3

Thanks I will try that, it is just so unstable, but we are working through the issue.  Lacerte said it was an issue with them and MS that they are trying to work through.   I just hate to re-enter the client data over because it becomes corrupted. 

0 Cheers