jtgcpa
Level 3

Included in the newest update (2021 02 16), Lacerte is now generating a critical diagnostic indicating that HSA distributions must be added back to Indiana's return to include these in income due to a current year conformity issue.  This is erroneous.  Indiana conforms with the IRC on this issue. 

Do Lacerte staff read these comments, or do we need to submit this issue to tech support?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Assume support does not read the forum. Send them an e-mail and include the return, if appropriate.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/sending-an-email-to-lacerte-support/00/4763

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
booke911
Level 1

Has there been a fix for the HSA error in Indiana.  

jtgcpa
Level 3

Unfortunately, no.  Despite numerous attempts on my part to contact support to review this issue, they haven't fixed this issue.  It's a critical diagnostic, when at most it should be an informational diagnostic.  The issue is that Indiana does not conform to OTC meds being QMEs for HSAs.  Fine.  However, the add back doesn't work/resolve the issue.  You can't clear the diagnostic no matter what you do.  Fortunately, you can still just file and ignore it.  It's frustrating, though.

Lacerte support has really fallen off the last few years.  I'm really disappointed in the level of service I get in this aspect.  I really feel like I have no support at all.  The support staff are all very nice, however they are all also very incapable of helping with issues.