qbteachmt
Level 15

"No sense in being harsh, I responded to someone"

Not one person here was harsh. You stated this: " am not 100% sure but because they became deceased in 2020 and they are filing a joint return they should qualify for the stimulus. "

And we are sure because we were told this: "where one spouse died 1/17/2020." and "my wife passed away on 02/27/20"

Giving the IRS links is how someone Learns. Remember that this is a Professional Tax Preparer's community of peer users who are using Lacerte.

This doesn't even matter: "I would have been surprised if they both if filing joint didn't get the stimulus together at least the first time."

The money previously paid is Advanced based on Projection. There is no "first time" for what they are entitled to have based on qualification. There is only the 2020 tax return.

"I am not one that could possibly guess what the IRS is thinking when they decide who to send these checks to."

It's all on the web, and it's all in the links I provided. That's why I provide them.

And you've completely overlooked that this is not a Self Help website for TurboTax Users, because this is not the community for using TurboTax. If a person is using TurboTax, this is not the place to get TurboTax Help. The people using and supporting TurboTax are found at the TurboTax Peer Community, which why I provided this info (which is from a Macro given to us by Intuit):

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.