josephart
Level 2

Unable to modify or delete an existing preparer.  On the Setup screen, the box to Modify/Delete is grayed out.  I am a new Lacerte user and my EFIN application with the IRS is in process.  Is this reason I cannot modify or edit this information.  It currently shows only the preparer's first name.

0 Cheers
josephart
Level 2

I've waited four days and had no reply.  I called Lacerte support and after an hour I got confirmation that what I suspected is true: The Modify/Delete buttons are grayed out because I haven't submitted my EFIN info.  Since posting this on Tuesday, 2/16/21, my application for EFIN has been approved and I'm waiting on a letter from the IRS.  I'll see if submission of this info to Lacerte will change the accessibility for editing preparers.

Thanks anyway.

Joe Hart

josephart
Level 2

EFIN has been assigned by IRS and registration with Lacerte has been accepted.  Still can't modify Firm Info or Preparers under settings.  I'm a single user with Admin rights.  All info that needs to be entered, including FEIN and EFIN, cannot be entered.  I was informed by Lacerte support that once EFIN is registered then info can be modified and updated (see prior posts for details).  I'll try Lacerte support again.  In the meantime, please help me if you can.  I've got a ton of client info to input, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for anymore REP until this is resolved.  Thanks.  Joe

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
dmg57
Level 1

I am having the same problem.  My EFIN was approved by the IRS and also approved by Intuit on March 1st.  It is March 4th and I still cannot modify preparer information; the "modify" link is greyed it. 

what is the solution for this? 

0 Cheers
josephart
Level 2

I finally found a support tech that knew how to fix this.  He had me download another 2020 prep file and to direct the downloaded Prep20 file the Download Folder of the User who has administrative rights in Lacerte.  This worked and I can now modify Preparers and Firm Data.