rhoadesdiane
Level 1

I put the fed income tax withheld  on the same screen that I entered the Social Security $ amount made in 2020. 

Get a critical - Fed income tax withheld entries present for tax payer in the withheld section of the misc. Income screen must be moved to the "From 1099-MISC NEC for efile tax returns" section of misc. income for efile purposes.

I'm not finding the screen to put the Fed income tax withheld from SS to make the critical diagnostic go away.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Known issue; see the several threads about it.  

Wait for an update.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

I see you're playing a little lunch time whack-a-mole!

abctax55
Level 15

🤣

Thanks for the reminder; I'm going to go make a sandwich.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

This has been fixed in Lacerte:

Voluntary federal income tax withheld (SSA-1099/ RRB-1099)

Social Security Benefits Screen 14; Code 38

Enter any federal income tax withheld from an SSA-1099 or RRB-1099 in this field.

NOTE: Do not use the “Federal income tax withheld [A]” field (codes 14 and 64) in this screen to enter SSA-1099 or RRB-1099 withholding any longer.

View solution in original post

abctax55
Level 15

Guess I should check for an update... I've been too busy with snow removal.   43" and counting since Tuesday evening 🌨❄️☃️

( Generic Comment )"
uslanes
Level 2

I'm not able to enter code 38 in screen 14.1 batch mode.  I receive the error message "38 is not a valid code".

0 Cheers
Sandi
Level 1

So I still am trying to figure out where screen 14 code 38 is. There is screen 14.1 and 14.2, which I assume you mean screen 14.1. Having said that, when you just to 1099-Misc, 1099-Nec screen you need to enter name, address and federal id number under payer information. What do we enter and do we enter the federal withholding in the 1099-Misc?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Screenshot 2021-02-02 093851.png

gpasteve
Level 1

I still get the error since I do not have the tax id for social security administration. it is not on the form.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Make sure you are on the most current version of the software.

I entered it where Phoebe indicated, on a dummy return, and I do not get a diagnostic.

( Generic Comment )"