MaxandTax
Level 2
Did not REP the 2019 client file.  Would that have been necessary?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Try making the primary SSN all 999-99-9999 and do the REP. That will not create a charge.
Review the return for accuracy, then proforma. When you get the 2020 change the primary SSN to what it should be.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

MaxandTax
Level 2

Thanks for this help!

When I proforma from 2019 to 2020, I get a Bridge Error Notification that the Format is Invalid.  I have eliminated data path differences as an explanation.  Thinking that perhaps the 999-99-9999 EIN trick might be the cause, I tried to change to the correct EIN, but get the warning that another REP change will result.

Would appreciate additional help.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe this simple set of steps will help (I doubt the all 9s is the problem) https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/schedule-k-1/help/reasons-a-client-file-will-not-proforma/00...

With the all 9s could you view the return and inspect all the forms? 

MaxandTax
Level 2

Thank you very much for taking your time with this.

I used the link and followed the instructions to look in the 20TAX/IDATA folder for "a bridge file that is stuck in" that folder, without success.  None of the file extensions were the IPO type.

The other solutions at the link did not appear applicable.

To your question, I could view and inspect all the 2019 forms.

Though a duplication of time, the solution for me seems to be to open a "new" client in the 20 module, assure that any carry-forward information is entered, and enter the 2019 amounts on the prior year's totals sheet.  That gets me the organizer and the 2020 client file.

Would Lacerte personnel provide technical help?  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte personnel would provide support, but your solution is much quicker.

I like your "tag". My first tax business was called McTax. I also see that you can buy a MacInTax on Amazon. 😉 

0 Cheers
MaxandTax
Level 2

Coincidentally, as a child I was sometimes called Maxie Taxie.

Thanks again for your help! 

0 Cheers