jtgcpa
Level 3

"Help me out here. What am I missing?"

I thought you were missing State info for efiling amended returns.

- No, I'm not.  I knew what Lacerte currently offers.  Nothing in my OP asks for Lacerte's current slate of e-file offerings.

"Are you replying to the right post?"

You are a Lacerte user, right? That link is to the Lacerte topic for which States Lacerte allows for efiling new for 2020.

- I didn't ask for Lacerte's 2020 e-filing capabilities.  I asked for something much different.  You could understand my confusion regarding your response, given that your response had nothing to do with my question, and most of your response had nothing to do with amended returns at all.

You specifically titled this topic as: "I know only a handful of states offer amended tax return e-file compatibility."

In addition to what is listed for 2019, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/2019-lacerte-e-file-agency-approval-and...

You see 6 more have been added for 2020 (in addition to CA, GA, NJ, NY, NY city, VA and WI = 6 states as of 2019), because I posted it here. That makes 12.

- Great.  Still, this has nothing to do with my question.  I already knew Lacerte offered 12 states for amended e-file. My question has nothing to do with these 12 states.

"Are other states moving to accept amended e-filed returns quickly?"

As a Lacerte user, you would first need Lacerte to manage the action of handing off your transmissions. That's why, at least to me, the list regarding what Lacerte manages would be the place to start.

- Again, I was aware of the current list.  My question wasn't about the current list, and I explicitly stated this in the question.

"Most of my clients are in a state that does not offer amended return e-file"

We can help you with the resources for the software in use, which is the function that you would be using to do what you asked. Or, did you want to know All States that allow for efiling amended returns, even if Lacerte doesn't provide for it?

- I couldn't care less what other software does, really.  I posted on an Intuit discussion board, asking for Lacerte specifically.  Thanks for the snark, though.

You further asked: "I was just curious if anyone knew what the consensus among the other states was regarding adoption of this process"

You just asked Peer Users, who would likely not be in the know for what each of these other States' DOR is planning. Did you need 38 more answers?

And of course, there is a differentiation between individual, corporate, etc. That's a pretty big matrix to research.

- I didn't ask you to do any of this.  I asked if someone was on here who already knew what was going on.  Such people exist.  You clearly aren't one of them, which is fine.  What I don't understand is why you're responding to my post berating me for asking a simple question and providing a dump of information that I already have access to via Lacerte and expecting that to qualify as an answer.

0 Cheers