steven
Level 5

With more and more people working remote, IT support is even more challenging.

I need to schedule my upgrades with users instead of just walking around late one night clicking Run. 

I am looking for a Release date for Lacerte 2020.

I will suggest that keeping a commitment date is very important.  The program, will update itself after installed;  having to reschedule installations with remote users will be problematic.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Here's the info from LAST year; I haven't seen anything yet for *this* year but I'd expect it to be similar.

Despite your request for a specific 'committment' date - I wouldn't hold my breath.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/2019-lacerte-release-dates/00/6538

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
User FIDO 61
Level 8

When is the new year's tax program made available?

We understand how important it is to get you the new tax year program as early as possible. For that reason, the first release of the program is typically scheduled for download in mid-November.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

@steven bookmark this link https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/product-delivery/help/lacerte-release-dates/00/102913 for estimated delivery times for all updates 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

Ace7
Level 1

What is the Lacerte release date schedule?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@Ace7 

Did you bother to click on the link provided in the *solution*?  It has the info you are requesting.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
steven
Level 5

The Lacerte Release schedule is thinner than it has been in past years.  There used to be regular Tuesday and Thursday releases which are missing from the schedule.  That said it appears that there may be a few additional "bucket" releases than I recall, but not sure (the 2018 and 2019 schedules seem to have evaporated from the site).

Also again missing is the ability to subscribe to update notifications (ie release notes at the point of release).

Anyone no anything better?

George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you ever tried using the update scheduler? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/schedule-automatic-update-downloads-wit...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
steven
Level 5

I consider this tool JUNK in a server environment.

It's a workstation level tool and may be fine for a local install.  It requires a PC to be on all the time to run overnight and the options under days are radio buttons, not check boxes, so I can only update once a week.  Daily is to annoying and time consuming.

We did allocate 2 machines for this in the past (one for each of 2 different nights) and it mostly worked, but if I have to babysit it, I might as well do it.

This year we have migrated to a Remote Desktop Server environment.  As one pretty much needs to reboot to OS after an update and I can not leave that task to a user it's all manual going forward. I have scheduled system downtime for every Wednesday @ at 10 PM.

This needs to be a Windows Service that runs on the server in the background (Scheduled Task).  I submitted a detailed proposal on same to support about 3 years ago, but even that will not fix my issue any longer.