itonewbie
Level 15

@BobKamman  Not sure how you interpreted my response as being related to what states require (or not).  I simply said "that is part of the data that needs to be verified to ascertain a taxpayer's identity".  Indeed, ERO's are required to verify the identity of taxpayers not known to them with two forms of identification and driver's license could be one of those.  Once these get on the system, we routinely update them (not that everyone must) to keep them current.

I'm no stranger to working in large offices and, in fact, in international firms with teams in different parts of the world at the management level.  Any decent professional practice would have processes and procedures in place, as part of their multi-level review, to ensure proper due diligence and standards for QA as well as audit trail are enforced and adhered to.  Alarm bells should ring, from a professional practice standpoint, if Greta doesn't know what George did last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar